Are you Prepared for Wildfire?
- Ready, Set, Go! Create A Wildfire Action Plan For Your Home (Video / Spanish)
- Your Role in Fire Adapted Communities
- What should I do before a wildfire
- How can I prepare for Wildland Fire? (PDF brochure)
- What should I do to Be Ready for Wildfires?
- Be Red Cross Ready: Wildfire Safety Checklist (English pdf | Spanish pdf)
- NMDHSEM Family Preparedness Guide
- Emergency Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities
- What should I do if a wildfire is approaching?
- What can I do to help protect my home from wildfire if I only have 24 Hours or less?
- What can I do to help protect my home from wildfire?
- Protecting Your Finances if a Disaster Strikes: Are you prepared?
- IBHS – Guidelines for Financially Preparing for Wildfires: Do You Have Enough Homeowners Insurance?
- Wildfire and Insurance
- Tips on Obtaining the Right Type and Amount of Insurance Coverage
- Risk of Flooding Increases After Wildfire – Don’t Forget Flood Insurance Too
- Create a Home Inventory
- IBHS tri-fold Wildfire Protection Guide: “Reducing Wildfire Risk – Commercial Propertie
- IBHS tri-fold Wildfire Protection Guide: “Reducing Wildfire Risk – Farms and Ranches”
- IBHS tri-fold Wildfire Protection Guide: “Reducing Wildfire Risk – Residential Properties”
Emergency Preparedness for Pets and Livestock
- Preparing Your Pets for Emergencies
- Disaster Readiness Tips for Owners of Pets or Service Animals
- Pet Friendly Hotels
- Animal Disaster Planning Guide
- Disaster Planning for Pets, Horses, and Farm Animals
- Wildfire Smoke and Horses
What to Do During a Wildfire
- What do I need to do during a wildfire? (See also More tips)
- What should I do if I have to evacuate?
- Ruidoso Area Evacuation Tips
- Search for Red Cross Shelters
- List yourself as safe and well with NM Red Cross or search for a loved one
- Wildfire Safety Tips from the NM Dept of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- NM EPHT: Environmental Health Conditions and Alerts
Emergency Alert Systems
- NMFireInfo E-mail Updates: Click on the +Follow tab in the lower right corner of NMFireInfo.com to sign up to get an e-mail when new NMFireInfo.com posts are added. You can Manage Your Subscription to choose to have updates delivered immediately, daily, or weekly or Unfollow when you no longer wish to receive updates.
- Click here to subscribe to New Mexico State Forestry’s Wildfire E-mail Alert Service
- How to Receive Fire Updates As Text messages
- Lincoln County Emergency Alerts
- Rio Arriba County Emergency Alerts
- Ruidoso Emergency Notification System
- Be ready for wildfires with the official Red Cross wildfire app on your iPhone or Android device
- FEMA e-mail updates and mobile resources
How to Help