June 8, 2015- Santa Fe National Forest
• Pecos/Las Vegas Ranger District of the Santa Fe National Forest
• San Miguel County, New Mexico
• Approximately 13 miles east of Pecos, NM
Start Date: June 5, 2015, reported on Saturday, June 6, 2015
Size: Approximately 25 acres
Percent Contained: 0%
Personnel Assigned: 30
Vegetation: Ponderosa pine, grass and brush
Growth Potential: Low
Summary: The lightning-caused Commissary Fire was reported by the Barillas Lookout Tower on June 6, 2015, and has grown to approximately 25 acres. The Commissary Fire is a slow-moving ground fire burning through grass and brush. Depending on weather and other conditions, fire managers are considering managing the fire for resource benefit.
Structures Threatened: None
Weather: Partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then numerous showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
• Firefighters: One crew (Type 1 Hotshot crew)
• Engines: District fire personnel