May 29, 2016; 4:15 p.m.
- Jemez Ranger District of the Santa Fe National Forest
- One mile south of Jemez Falls Campground
Start Date: May 29, 2016
Size: Approximately 2 acres Percent Contained: 0%
Cause: Under investigation Growth Potential: Moderate
Vegetation: Ponderosa pine, logging slash
Summary: Fire crews are responding to a fire one mile south of Jemez Falls Campground on the Jemez Ranger District. Fire activity is moderate with isolated torching and spotting. Winds are out of the south and west at 10-15 mph. Smoke may be visible around Jemez Falls Campground, Vallecitos de Los Indios and from Highway 4.
Values at Risk: The community of Vallecitos de Los Indios.
Resources Assigned: 23
- Firefighters: One US Forest Service hand crew and one air attack crew
- Engines: Five engines, including resources from Jemez Ranger District, Bandelier National Monument, and La Cueva Volunteer Fire Department.
- Helicopters: one Type 3 with bucket for water drops
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.